Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Casablanca Couscous and Grill

Lamb Couscous
Moroccan food?  Yeah, I was totally clueless on that subject before I paid a visit to Casablanca Couscous and Grill.  I really found out about this place by driving by it on my way home from the gym.  Let's say, putting a camel on your store front sign will definitely catch my attention!

Casablanca has a very homey feel to the place since it's literally a house made into a restaurant. The food was tasty and well-prepared.  Since this was my first time eating Moroccan food, my opinion to saying its legit would have a 50/50 chance on it being correct.  It's like saying Panda Express is authentic.

The only small complaint I have was the dishes being individuals rather than family-style.  I read a review on b-4-u-eat.com and someone said there was one family dinner meal, well lets say the waiter had no idea what I was talking about.  Useless review!

The likes/must tries:
-Beef Tagines
-Kofta Tagines
-Soup of the day (the one we had was pretty good)

The reason why I didn't like the Lamb Couscous much was because it was extremely fatty.  My eating preference polluted my mind on my opinion towards that dish, therefore no review.

It's been over a month since I ate here, so I am not able to recall all the names to the dishes I had.  All I remember is the food can be a little bit on the heavy side.  Be warned!  No gym session right after dinner!

This restaurant is a toss-up (try it if you wish.)

Kofta Tagines

5506 Richmond Ave
Houston, TX 77056

Neighborhood:  Galleria

(832) 754-8749

No comments:

Post a Comment